Friday, February 10, 2012

New lambs 2012

Spring came a little early on Sabins Farm this year. We started lambing on February 4th and now have about 30 lambs on the ground. We knew a ram jumped in with the ewes when he was not supposed to. He was only there for a few hours, but voila! At least we know who the culprit was. Mostly twins and just one set of triplets so far.
The ones in the picture are just one day old. They are in the barn with heat lamps, but they should go outside in a few days. They don't mind the cold and it is only about 0 degrees C.

4 comments:

Patriot Acres said...

Hi Jim

Do you sell any of your ewe lambs? I have a couple ewes now and am looking to expande my herd.

Carol

Patriot Acres said...

Hi Jim

Do you sell any of your ewe lambs? I have a couple ewes now and am looking to expande my herd.

Carol

Clare said...

Yes we do. They are $250 each. Some have just been born and some are about a month old now. Could be weaned in about 6 weeks. I will e-mail you.

Jim said...

YOU can check my website at www.sabinsfarm.com for info on sheep for sale and the contact e-mail address.